Guilty Pleasures

as a response to "My guilty pleasures" by My Wonderland.


Photobucket

  1. Watching Flavor Flav/Tila Tequila: You love them AND YOU KNOW IT, even when you know it´s just crappy TV and that you should be watching something more substantial like Discovery Chanel or Discovery Kids or whatever. Even when you know it´s the kind of reality shows specially designed for people who are DESPERATE to be famous and will do anything in order to appear on TV. And with anything, I mean ANYTHING. WOW. What people do these days just to see their own faces on screen, and that´s narcissistic.
  2. Watching Barbie´s movies: Barbie, The Nutcracker?; Barbie, Fairytopia? Barbie, The Island Pricess... Oh, yeah! I´ve seen them all. I watch them EVEN when my little cousin doesn´t want to watch them with me (wich doesn´t quiet go according to my vision). Actually, I BEG her to watch them with me... But they´re much MUCH more than just mediocre cinema, they represent my infance, the represent a lifestyle, YOU HEAR ME?! A LIFESTYLE! (just kidding...) But also they always have spectacular ballet scenes, coreographed by major companies like NYC Ballet.
  3. Wikihow: From "How to create circular bubbles while diving" to "How to Build an Igloo", this page is the Holy Grail for those don´t-know-what-to-do-with-myself-but-dedicate-myself-to-breath-wich-I-don´t-even-do-well moments (HATE when that happens...)Where else can you learn "How to Make a Shrimp out of a Plastic Straw" (WTF?) step by step. Wikipedia? No-uh. Anyway way... you never know when you are going to need ahem... to make a spinning cartesian diver! Right? Some of my personal favorites: "How to Create Great Characters" (for writers); "How to Be Inspired by Holly Golightly" ; "How to Be a Princess" ; "How to Find Good Fanfiction" ; "How to Dress Parisian Chic" ; "How to Create Mary Sues Well".
  4. Making Mary Sue Characters: Who doesn´t? (please do not answer that) One thing about me it´s that I´m constantly daydreaming, and I´m difficult to concentrate (specially on school). That´s why these characters are my perdition. They were really made to DESTROY me. So if you see my staring stupidly at nothing in concrete, it´s because I´m mentally creating these sort of fan fiction, REALLY Mary Sue character. And I DO try to give them flaws, but then I realize: why would I give them flaws? After all, there MY alter-ego and MY dream, product of MY young, volatile imagination.
And those are some of my guilty pleasures, I´ll write more later...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...