Jean Shrimpton: My new Jane Birkin (Part I)

Yeah, I <3 love the sixties! and Jean Shrimpton was like THE sixties supermodel so sooner or later I would have end up posting something about her. Da Shrimp was born on High Wycombe Buckinghamshire, England in 1942, at age 17, she graduated from Lucie Clayton´s modelling school, at age 18 she became the epitome of instant success, and-ah... the truth is that I found a bunch of pictures that you WANT to see, I know you do ;) (creepy) I recommend you to read her page on wikipedia, she did a lot of cool stuff like scandalize the super-conservative society of Melbourne, by appearing on the Melbourn Cup (kind of the aussie Ascot) with no hat or gloves (oh my goodness!) and porting a "mini" dress.
PS: My sister just sat beside and we realized (and laughed a lot over) the fact that her name, literally translated to Spanish would be something like "Juana Camaroncina"
PPS: Lately I've been having promblem with blogger. When I save as drafts my post it erases an important part of them, so this is the 3rd time that I have to rewrite this post... does anybody know how to fix that?

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...