Paulina Porizkova and The Apocalypse. Not necessarily in that order...



Ladies and gentleman! we've reached the Apocalypse!
And NO, I don't mean the apocalyptical quantity of designers signing into the whole 80s trend this season. I'm very much looking forward for shoulder padless (yet) Spring 2010: I've watched like 5 shows or so, and I can foresee (and PROUDLY tell) that the whole 80s affair won't last long (and with a bit of luck, also, designers will have enough of it FOR A DECADE).
I mean: Come on! Not even my mom liked the 80s DURING the 80s! Why would I?! (Like father, like son)

Hum, back to the matter:

THE DAY AFTER TOMORROWW!

NO really! NO REALLY!
Today I woke up thinking that the most interesting thing that could ever happen to me throughout the day, or maybe even, throughout the MONTH would be my visiting relatives.Or the Spongebob/Jonas marathon. WRONG.

And yes, I have grown used to the idea of global warming and climate change.
After droughts on MAY and floods on JULY, nothing else could happen... Then there was some time on AUGUST that we got completely incomunicated because of the strong raining!
But THIS goes beyond aaaaall that, OH YES IT DOES!
First, there was the raining (*-_-* "Oh well! I guess I won't get my Back-to-School tan...").
Second, It started raining TOO MUCH...wind...trembling windows
Then, the THUNDERING ("and say goodbye to my mother's favorite tree!")
After that, things got worst and it started hailing ON VENEZUELA ("COME ON! temperature NEVER goes lower than 15 degrees, CELSIUS!).
Trembling ("Dad are you kicking my chair?")
EARTHQUAKE (mom: DON'T. PANIC. me:JESUSCHRIST!!!! *runs in circles screaming*)

...I'm not even making this up.

And then, that was it!

Oh! and the video: Well, maybe it is the only thing fashion-related that I like about the 80s. I mean, I personally don't LIKE the clothes but, who wouldn't love Paulina Porizkova doing some funny dance on a photoshoot on Paris?
Paulina is my favorite part of ANTM!
No winner, of the program, EVER gets to be an important model, at least not in the fashion business Anna Wintour lives in...
Models aren't supposed to have adorable personalities (Naomi Campbell, Claudia Schiffer, anyone?); even if they rock when they do *coughAgynessDeyncough*.
In fact, maybe the two useful things about the modeling world you can learn at ANTM are a)Walk b)Look good in pictures. The rest, is just more publicity for Tyra...
But as long as Paulina gets to do her Porizkovey thingys on the show, keeeeeep it coming!
...(I will NEVER forgive Tyra for firing her. EVER)...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...