My thoughts about The Other Boleyn Girl (book)

Other Boleyn Girl Pictures, Images and Photos

So... I started reading this book long ago but I haven´t had the time enough to get through it´s 500+ pages. And believe me, the letter isn´t precisely on Arial 82 or something... But anyway...
I couldn´t be more horrified.
This book treats about a generation of horrible people that would sell their own daughters if they´ve got a good deal from it, narrated from the point of view of a naive, easily influenced girl who just stands there and says "OK whatevs" while her sister NOTIFIES her that she adopted the boy she conceived with the king, so the king likes her over her the legitimate mother of his child, EVEN when she had to use some sort of medieval tampon after the birthing of her second child so that she won´t bleed out, in order to keep the king´s atention on herself and not into another person...
All this filled me with ,like Cleolinda said, "feminist rage and horror"

It is NOT a bad book, for the records,and the prose is beautiful, but I just could not stand the urge of getting into the book and slapping someone repeatedly. Like, a lot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...