Royal Baby Report

Okay, this Royal Baby thing really threw my sleep off.  I realized that I had recently done a photo shoot for Celeste a week early.  If I've given off any wrong dates, you'll just have to forgive me.  Here goes my Royal Baby experience.  First things first, I had not really gotten a good nights sleep.  I just kept waking up like at 2am and 4am to see if she'd had her baby yet.  Dang you time zones.  Anyways, my mom knew right away at 4am, but I woke up at 6am finding out.

 
 I actually felt so anxious I went into the tub to labor and then Adele and Behr came in and took over.  Shush-up.  When you've had six of these babies the body just responds to the thought.  My friends have seen this.  It can just start hurting down there.  While Adele and Behr are in the tub I'm rolling fondant.  I get this call from my brother, "Who cares?"  and "I don't want my nieces and nephew growing up in a home where they're taught to worship these people!"  Blah, blah, blah, whatever Hugh, good-bye. 

 
I just stepped away from the TV to go check on Adele and Behr and when I came back the above picture is the headline!  And surprise - tears, it's a boy! I'm crying and my pure Anglo-Saxon blood is weak.  After composing myself I run and get Celeste to pose her in front of the good news.  She looks like she really cares.  This TV is in my craft room and was konked out in a recent lightning storm.  And my son, by accident hit our other TV with a hockey stick.  As of right now we are TV free.

 
 I must say I'm really happy it's a boy.  And I'm relieved for the girl that never was.  This would have been tough for a woman, look at Queen Victoria of Sweden.  Even she laments that she sends her husband and father out to go do "the job." It's okay if she can't "do it all" and okay if she can.  Remember, Albert technically "ruled" for a good 20 years while Queen Victoria raised their nine children.  
  I must admit that I was a little disappointed he was given only three names.  While Laura predicted George, I had Richard Charles or Hugh as my first choices.  Richard Charles is the name of my husband.  Hugh is my brother's name, but I knew it was a long shot.  I realize that Richard is a sort of scarred name, but I still think it would have been refreshing.  But I love George, it is a great name.  In fact, my grandpa Olsen always wanted a George and it is the nickname of our cousin Nathaniel. Alexander refers to Alexandra, one of Queen Elizabeth's middle names.  Which leads me to believe, if this had been a girl they would have gone with Alexandra.  And of course Louis after Mountbatten.  I could have thrown a few more history rich names in there, but I have Mormon blood so the hook-up was never going to happen between Wills and I.  Don't be disappointed, my BFF Kim smacked the fantasy good and hard out of me when I was 17.  There are blessings about  being a Mormon, but marrying the future King of England is not one of them.  Struggles, we all have them.

Kate Middlton and Prince William with the Royal Baby
My favorite part was when they both walked out of the hospital.  I instantly recognized her polka-dot blue dress as a tribute to Di's.  The shawl is also the one that Di used to wrap Wills in when she left the hospital too.  It was so nice to see them come out and talk to the media.  William made a joke about his and the baby's baldness, but George will have Michael's hair, as boys, correct me if I'm wrong, get their hair from the maternal grandfather.  This is most definitely the case with my son, as everyone always says to him, "You need a beard to go with all of that hair."  Here is a recent picture.  He wanted his pictures taken while I was doing a photo shoot of Celeste, and yes he needs his nose wiped.
  I had no idea what everyone was talking about when they said "mum tum."  I just didn't see what all of the focus was on.  We don't have this kind of "talk" going on at our household. You know, obviously she's secure in her relationship with William to not try and hide the "mum tum". 
 Losing the weight with each baby is different, as each child is different.  I don't think there should ever be any sort of pressure, if anything you should do it for yourself.  When I had my son 2 1/2 weeks early, I was ordered not to workout for 3 months and engage in only the "lightest walking."  My tummy had expanded fast and beyond the full term weight of 8.15 like my girls.  Technically and medically speaking tests show he was 3 1/2 weeks early but we still refer to is as 2 1/2 weeks early.  If I had gone full term the guesstimate birth weight was 12-13 pounds.  Behr (my son) would have been a c-section regardless.  For a long time I was swollen and had to go in for a weekly check-up as the boy had really "pushed the limit" on the tummy.  I do not want this pushy kind of attitude when it comes to losing weight around my girls.  
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...